In tumbling and vibratory finishing applications, the primary purpose for using corncob grit is to dry metal parts. However, corncob can also deburr and polish parts such as:
- Ball bearings
- Pipe fittings
- Nuts and bolts
- Computer chips
- Metal die castings
- Wire brads
- Optical glass
- Molded plastics
- Golf club heads
The grades most often used are 1014 (#1), 1420 (#2), and 2040 (#3). Also consider using one of our additives to achieve a high luster finish.
CRW proudly sells processed corncob grit that is the most accurately screened, sized and air-washed corn cob media available in the market today and boasts the lowest moisture content typically at 4 - 6%, maximum 10%. This allows for more absorption of oil, cleaning fluids or other liquids during the finishing process.
Our corn-cob is organic, non-toxic, biodegradable and a USDA Bio-Preferred Product - an effective, eco-friendly option for your abrasive media needs. It's tough enough for soft-grit blasting yet gentle enough for health and beauty products.
Other applications include:
- Absorbing oils, greases and dirt from manufactured pieces
- Barrel or bowl finishing and removal of burrs
- Absorbing rinse waters remaining on electroplated pieces in tumbling dryers
- Silica-free soft grit blasting for cleaning carbon, oil and products of corrosion from cylinders, pistons and other engine/electric motor parts
- Silica-free soft grit blasting of log homes resulting in the cleaning and refinishing of natural wood homes
- Abrasives in exfoliants, hand cleansers and other health & beauty products
- Sold in 50 lb.bags - call for pallet pricing!